IPv6 Tunnel Broker
Check out our new usage stats
And then hit up our new Forums
Welcome to the Hurricane Electric IPv6 Tunnel Broker! Our free tunnel broker service enables you to
reach the IPv6 Internet by tunneling over existing IPv4 connections from your IPv6 enabled host or
router to one of our IPv6 routers. To use this service you need to have an IPv6 capable host
(IPv6 support is available for most platforms) or router which also has IPv4 (existing Internet)
connectivity. Our tunnel service is oriented towards developers and experimenters that want a
stable tunnel platform.
Advantages of using our tunnel service over others include:
- Run by a Business ISP with 24 x 7 staff at multiple locations and an International backbone (find out more about IPv6 transit at Hurricane Electric)
- Ability to get your own /48 prefix once your tunnel is up
- Ability to get a full view of the IPv6 BGP4+ routing table
- Ability to use your tunnel now after a simple registration process. (It takes less than a minute.)
- Ability to create your tunnel on geographically diverse tunnel-servers (Ashburn, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Fremont, Honolulu, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, New York, Palo Alto, Phoenix, San Jose, Seattle, Toronto, Winnipeg, Amsterdam, Berlin, Budapest, Frankfurt, Lisbon, London, Paris, Prague, Stockholm, Warsaw, Zurich, Hong Kong, Singapore, Tokyo, and Johannesburg)
If you are a new user please register by clicking on Register below. After registering your
password will be mailed to you and you can return here to activate your tunnel.
If you operate a network, run BGP, have your own ASN, and wish to announce IPv6 address space
allocated directly to you by an RIR (ARIN, RIPE, APNIC, etc.) please select the "Create BGP Tunnel"
option after you register.
Upon tunnel activation configuration commands for a variety of platforms will be automatically
generated. Once you configure your side you will be able to reach the IPv6 Internet. If you like
our service be sure to tell a friend and recommend us to others!